Read More +14 April 2014 by Super User, in News & Events
EACA 2014 Conference coming to UCU
Read More +18 December 2013 by Super User, in News & Events
Lady Canons crowned Champions
Read More +19 September 2013 by Super User, in News & Events
UCU excels in Jessup Moot Court Competitions.
Our Schools and Faculties
Academics at Uganda Christian University
Uganda Christian University offers a number of degree and diploma programmes which are designed to develop a cadre of professionals with integrity, power of critical inquiry, logical thought and independent judgment with a christian perspective. The programmes are offered in three intakes: September, January and May.
Business and Administration
Business and Administration decription
Education and Arts
Education and Arts description
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Law description
Science and Technology
Science and Technology description
Social Sciences description
Bishop Tucker School of Divinity and Theology
Bishop Tucker School of Divinity and Theology description here
The first beneficiaries of the Vice Chancellor’s Award have been announced at today's community worship (Thursday) at the main campus in Mukono. The selected students are:
1. Michael Ahile Terhemba, 2nd year Faculty of Science & Technology
2. Bakita Dilly Elizabeth, 3rd year Bishop Tucker School of Divinity and Theology
3. Ajal James, 4th year Faculty of Science & Technology
First Runners Up
1. Mugabi Allan Kitaka, 2nd year Faculty of Science & Technology
2. Nakasagga Shakira, 3rd year Faculty of Science & Techology
3. Martey Michelle Wanjiru, 4th year Faculty of Science & Technology
Second Runners Up
1. Nakiwala N. Daisy, 2nd year Faculty of Education & Arts
2. Isabirye Frank, 3rd year Faculty of Education & Arts
3. Walugembe Sebastian, 4th year Faculty of Science & Technology
The major objective of the award is to ignite and nurture the spirit of hard work toward academic excellence, behavioral change and community participation among students. The Award period is strictly one year; however the candidates are free to re apply the next year if they still meet the requirements.
There are 9 Awards each year:
- Three for best in each year (receiving full tuition)
- Three for first runners up (receiving ¾ of tuition) and
- Three for second runners up(receiving ½ tuition)
These scholarships are awarded to full-time students who are pursuing their bachelors’ degree and have excellent grades. The Vice Chancellor's award is strictly a merit-based scholarship, not need-based.
The scholarship award begins with the first semester of the students’ second, third and fourth year of study. Its lasts one year but students may receive successive awards.
Students who win the Vice Chancellor's Award for two times during their tenure of study at Uganda Christian University shall be eligible for extra recognition at graduation. The scholarship will be revoked by the Scholarships Committee if the student is found guilty of violating the code of conduct.
See photos (opens in new window): http://tinyurl.com/3e997uv
In 1913, a theological college was established in Mukono. Today, Uganda Christian University serves 11,000 students offering a wide range of programmes at its five campuses nationwide. In 2013, Uganda Christian University will celebrate 100 years of service and look forward to building a great future