The UCU Arua Campus was first the home of a Rural Trade School founded in 1959 by the African Inland Mission (AIM) under the leadership of its first principal, the Rev. Robert Booth. Booth was a missionary from the USA lay the foundation of this training institution at Ringli in the West Nile region of Uganda.
In the 1960s the school became a Lugbara language Lay Readers’ Training College. Later during the 1970s the course was then taught in English. In 1978 a full priest ordination course was started. This was a residential training program that allowed the students to come with their families. For 25 years this institution, then called St. Paul’s Theological College, has been training leaders and servants from Uganda and the lands beyond.
Establishment of UCU Arua Campus
In 2003, St. Paul’s Theological College changed status to become a campus of the Uganda Christian University. This now allows the Arua Campus to admit students for degree and diploma programs in a wide range of academic fields. The campus has grown and now offers teaching in the day time at Ringili and in the evening at sessions at Mvara Mission in Arua municipality.
UCU Arua Campus is located in West Nile Region of Uganda in Northwestern Uganda in Arua District. It is 9km on the Arua – Nebbi – Kampala road. The campus has a student population of 585 students.